Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Crack Office XP

From: bill_weiss () att net
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:30:10 -0600

Blue Boar(BlueBoar () thievco com)@Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 10:05:20PM -0700:
bill_weiss () att net wrote:

Arrgghh...  Office != Windows (thanks to the person who pointed this out).

No, I asked about "XP" products, and I meant both Office and Windows.  I'm
assumeing the protection mechanisms are similar.

Oh.  Well, then, I meant to post that first link :)

I truely believe that MS is doing themselves a lot of harm with this scheme.
Having to call MS every time I reinstall my OS (once every 1-3 months, avg.),
doesn't sound very good to me.  It may just be the point I turn my last
Windows machine into Linux, or BSD, etc, and run a Windows session in VMWare.
(backup the VMWare image, resore it each time it's needed.  Problems solved).