Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Win32.Sircam.Worm Alert.....

From: Nicolas Gregoire <nicolas.gregoire () 7thzone com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:05:35 +0200

Tom Geldner wrote :

Some of our corporate accounts have been pounded on by a particular user
on verizon.net. None of those e-mail addresses are from someone's
address book. They are all things like info@, webmaster@, postmaster@
etc. so in our case, someone seems to be trying to propogate it
deliberately.

The worm/virus use 2 sources of email adresses.
The first one is the *.wab (Windows Adress Books) found on the
hard-drives.
The second one is from the Temporary Internet Files.

Fox example, I usually receive emails for adresses like
info@my_domain.com & help@my_domain.com and these 2 adresses are listed
on our website. Every person infected by SirCam, using IE and browing
our site will send me one of his personnal documents.
I have receive more than 100 this week.

Nicob
Please excuse my shitty english, it's very early