Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Outlook related idiot-question

From: Fab Siciliano <fsiciliano () EARTHLINK NET>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:15:56 -0500

Hi, About your Question.
One of things you can do to retrieve your Outlook passwords, is to install a
sniffer like "buttsniff"
http://packetstorm.securify.com/sniffers/buttsniffer/BUTTSniff-0.9.2.zip.
Install the sniffer on the machine with Outlook on it(of course), connect to
the network(if you're not already), and press 'send/recieve'. That should
give you a dump of some passwords and usernames.

OR, you can do a search on a Tool called 'CAIN'. That tool will allow you to
'un-hide' the password fields.
                        Hope I could help you out.

            \/    \/ aximus