Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Outlook related idiot-question

From: Jose Maria Jimenez <jose.m.jimenez () SELESTA ES>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:59:05 +0100

You can sniff the pass code just using RELAYTCP command prompt program.
http://www.dlcsistemas.com/html/relay_tcp.html

Change config on Outlook to point to 127.0.0.1 to read POP3 messages,
then execute on a command line,

RELAYTCP 110 destination 110 -d

where destination is your server's POP3 host.

Execute your Outlook program and read your mail.
Then you will get on the same directory RELAYTCP was ran, a file or set of
files that contains the dump of the TCP/IP conversation.
Just read them !

At 21:08 2/5/2001 -0500, Jesper M. Johansson wrote:
>how can I get outlook's passwords for pop accounts?
>or how/where does it store them?
>is there any program to execute on the machine with the accounts' passes I
>want to get which will get'em and send'em to a mail address, leaving no
>traces, and fast?

Since POP3 and IMAP4 both use clear-text passwords, you'll have an easier
time just sniffing them off the network than getting them from the registry,
but if you care to try it, it is stored in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account
Manager\Accounts\<profile name>

JMJ

Jose M. Jimenez
Selesta Seguridad