Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Code red II crashes cisco 678

From: brian_carpio () csgsystems com
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:15:52 -0600 (MDT)

Seems that the problem also occurs on Cisco 675 even if the web interface
is dissabled.. the way I fixes this was to deny all trafic DIRECTLY to the
routers IP and wan0-0 interface this still allows the boxes behind the
router to be accessable from the internet (for instance if you have a web
server etc..) but the code red will not crash the router any more.

I was told that all I needed to do was dissable the web interface on the
router and i was fine in my case that seemed to be incorrect..

Brian Carpio
CSG Systems Inc.
Open Systems Unix System Admin

x3317