Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Micro$oft wants to dominate the world!??

From: Matt Hite <mh_vulndev () ibexa com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:17:32 -0700

Not too far off topic, but a bit:

I spoke with a porn site operator a few months ago whose scam wasn't
the porn he was peddling, but rather convincing unsuspecting
surfers to download a "porn viewer" from his site.  This "viewer" did
nothing more than replace the IE auto.search.msn.com functionality
with a redirect to a search engine on which he received referrer
compensation.  The end result was that he made money every time
someone made a typo when pulling up a page in IE.

--Matt