Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Micro$oft wants to dominate the world!??

From: Dave Dudley <ddudley () ebillit net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:45:39 +0100

Not sure about in IE 5.x, but in 6 you can go to Internet Options, Advanced,
and almost at the very bottom is "Search from the Address bar".  You can
change this to be "Do not search from the Address bar".  I, too, was alarmed
when IE suggested other sites I should visit instead of showing me a real
error message.

dave