Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Stack Interpretation and Manipulation

From: Mindy Kimble <mindy () kimblex ath cx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 00:30:39 -0500

I've been monitoring this mailing list for a while now, and all people seem
to discuss is exploitable memory problems caused by imporper variable
manipulation. I've been programming only for a year now, using basic I/O
functions and applying concepts to my socket applcations and daemons. Which
brings me to my reason to post.
I would like to better understand these vulnerabilities that may exist in
my programs so i can avoid making them in the future. Are there any online
resources avalible to show begining programmers how to interprete stack
dumps, so that we can avoid creating them in the future?

Mindy Kimble - kimblex.ath.cx
"If all else fails..  ..read the directions."