Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

glibc vulnerability

From: "Ryan W. Maple" <ryan () GUARDIANDIGITAL COM>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:31:59 -0400

Does anybody know exactly where (in the code) the format string
vulnerability exists?  I'm currently "learning" more about buffer
overflows and the such, and have been giving myself homework assignments.
I have gotten the locale exploit to work, but have yet to isolate where in
the code it happens (haven't looked that hard yet).

Does anybody know a file/line number/etc. on where it exists?  Thanks.

                                          /"\
Ryan W. Maple                             \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Guardian Digital, Inc.                     X      Against HTML & Outlook Mail
ryan () guardiandigital com                  / \     http://www.thebackrow.net