Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Stack Interpretation and Manipulation

From: antirez <antirez () linuxcare com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 05:03:00 +0200

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 12:30:39AM -0500, Mindy Kimble wrote:
I would like to better understand these vulnerabilities that may exist in
my programs so i can avoid making them in the future. Are there any online
resources avalible to show begining programmers how to interprete stack
dumps, so that we can avoid creating them in the future?

You can start from here: http://julianor.tripod.com/
this link contain a collection of papers about buffer overflows,
format bug, protection from this kind of attacks.

regards,
antirez

--
Salvatore Sanfilippo, Open Source Developer, Linuxcare Italia spa
+39.049.80 43 411 tel, +39.049.80 43 412 fax