Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Need a software to copy my floppy

From: "Bluefish (P.Magnusson)" <11a () GMX NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:44:36 +0200

Uhm... Basicly any software doing direct reads could be designed to copy
all data "as it is", which solves any protection which doesn't depend on
actually doing wierd tweaking FDD / HDD controllers directly.

More specificly, there are softwares which you could find with the search
engine of your taste which will do the trick. Specificly I seem to recall
that there was a program known as Teledisk (or was it Flexdisk? uhmm,
something like that...) which was commonly used to intercept and store
bootsector viruses, overcome copy protection, and similar tasks (I bet you
will find directions at most virus & anti-virus sites to these kind of
softwares)

For some reasons these softwares doesn't not work on all computers, it
worked on 2 or 3 out of 4 of my computers in the good old days. Guess it
could be a none-standard FDD causing trouble.

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team

             http://www.eff.org/cafe