Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Need a software to copy my floppy

From: Erick Arturo Perez Huemer <eperez () grupotslc com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:56:45 -0500

You are using a program that has been protected by a software called Copy
Control. The ccmove.exe and/or ccmove.dll applications are in charge of
"transferring" the authorizations/keys to use the software to your hard
disk.
If you use normal "copy" procedures..the floppy will not work.

You are not supposed to be able to make a copy of that floppy because you
will violate some copyrights of the program's company.

Yes, I know you want to make a backup copy..you're out of luck. Contact The
vendor of your program for a backup disk (they will charge for sure).

Try DiskDupe, or DiskControl
Anyways, those tools are designed not to allow you to copy the floppys.

There were some copy programs that allowed you to copy those kind of
disk...if you can get your hands on one that works with the new versions of
CopyControl, let me know...

Erick A. Perez H.
Asesor de Seguridad Informatica
Grupo TSLC International S.A.