Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Need a software to copy my floppy

From: Jp Wise <jpwise () SOFTHOME NET>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:14:20 +1300

I'm really surprised neither of these 2 progs have been mentioned yet.
They're very effective depending on what OS you're working from.

HD-Copy -  Dos Based, v.small (80kb install file), used to be quite common,
but only really exists in archives these days.
 ftp://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/msdos/utils/dskutl/hdcp20ae.zip

WinImage  - Win32 based.
 http://www.winimage.com/

Both very effective in copying, and creating non standard disks, or
bit/sector protected disks... you might also want to check into buying 2MB
floppy disks for copying the larger ones (1.68mb is usually OK on a 1.44mb
disk, but occasionally runs into problems).

have fun.
Jp.

s95ski () DIS UU SE wrote:

Hi I have a floppy which is copied by a software named ccmove and now I
need to make a backup from the floppy but I can't because it is protected
by ccmove so my question is "is it any way to make a backup from my
floppy?" regards
 Sh