Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Unauthorized outgoing connect caught by ZA

From: Vitaly McLain <twistah () DATASURGE NET>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 19:09:08 -0500

Hi,

Are you sure you weren't running anything that has to do with streaming
media or load balancing? Only reason I am suggesting this is because that's
the type of services AKAMAI provides. Also, when I hear of AKAMAI, I think
of Yahoo! (I am not sure, maybe I am confusing AKAMAI with something else.)
Were you maybe running something like Yahoo! Instant Messenger?

All I can tell you is check out www.akamai.com, especially
http://www.akamai.com/html/op/index.html. That page lists their parterns.
Maybe it can clue you in on what application was causing this activity.

Vitaly McLain
twistah () datasurge net