Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Vs: Re: Outlook HTML VBS (demo)

From: marko.ernvall () SAUNALAHTI FI (Marko Ernvall)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:10:55 +0300

Well, the code Masial sent was pretty old and obvious.
It was a common (lame) joke to send an e-mail with embedded
javascript which opens about hundred new windows when
recipient clicked the message. Basically it is what you see
in some annoying websites. Ad there, another there...
pop, pop, pop...

What caught my attention was what PCbob said,
that the signature was invalid. My e-mail client didn't
execute the embedded script, of course, but the
message was marked as valid rsa signature, no
encryption. And I mean the message sent in
by Masial.