Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: QPOP2.5* exploit ??

From: sec () ORGONE NEGATION NET (jms)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 12:37:18 -0700

in summary, and to the people sending the list technotronic url's filled
with old qpop exploits;

so far, still not a single exploit for 2.53.

please check the headers on the exploits you are sending me; they are
invariably for beta versions etc, nothing touches 2.53.

thanks to z33d for pointing out some funky code, but even z33d's bug, the
most severe, appears to not be rootable or provide remote access.

id also like to point out that my faith in 2.53 is largely fostered by the
fact that about every few months i see this discussion, usually when
a bug pops up in beta qpoppers, and for weeks everyone pours through
source code to see if 2.53 is vulnerable, and so far it hasnt been.

so far, im inclined to think that rootable qpop 2.53 = urban legend thrown
around by people with a pathic need to be leeter-than-thou.

i encourage everyone reading to prove me wrong, and post an exploit or
buggy, rootable code :)

-jason storm
jms () negation net