Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Bubble Boy Virus Spreading Mechanism

From: Andrew_Leong () EMAIL COM (Andrew Leong)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:10:46 +0800

Hi all,
        Sorry to revive such an old tale, but has anyone out there disassembled the
Bubble Boy virus to get an idea of how the worm functions? I mean how it
exploits the scriptlet.typelib/Eyedog ActiveX control to propogate?
        Does anyone have any links to the exploit code or more details? I am very
curious as to how it uses the ActiveX controls to do the stuff it does. Just
like DilDog's excellent Advisory about the UA control vulnerability, does
anyone have more details and is willing to share? Thanks.

Andrew Leong

Public Key: http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1BFF3601

PGP Key Fingerprint = 92F8 EF74 19A3 EEC6 6B83  9D83 A61B 20C5 1BFF 3601