Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: CGI source being exposed using "~"

From: buanzox () USA NET (Arturo Busleiman)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 12:17:22 -0300

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Nathan Einwechter wrote:

Hello all,
hi nat!

This is obviously a problem, but why is it occuring? As far as I can
tell, the server is running on Apache 1.3.9 (linux).
well, I'm running Apache 1.3.9 PHP 3.0.14 (Linux), I tested by using

$ lynx localhost/cgi-bin/test-cgi~
I got a 403/Forbidden response.
Just to check, I listed it's permissions and ownership:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 nobody   nogroup       757 Feb 11 18:22 test-cgi*

PS Please do not stereotype people whome are teenagers, and interested
in security as "Crackers" or "Script Kiddies" as many of us are not.
Motion Seconded! I'm 18 years old, and since 12 that I'm concerned with
security, but as I had always investigated by myself (I first installed
linux 5 years ago and I have previously programmed and read all by myself
) without asking questions, that's why they never mmmmm shut me up.
The administrators of various important argentinan ISPs and government
sites now qualify me as a white hat hacker, and it makes me really happy.

*> Get PGP KEY: use pgpk -a hkp://horowitz.surfnet.nl/buanzox () usa net
*> Lista social de mail. Envia e-mail en blanco a lsb-subscribe () egroups com
*> Panic? My kernel doesn't panic! We are doomed! DustDustDust!!!!