Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

'shell://' with win98... error #10050 defined

From: LeaveMeHigh () AOL COM (Doe, John)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 03:27:03 EDT

I have same problem with my Windows 98 SE, I get same Error #10050 and I
don't have any packages installed on system which could cause this problem.
I don't need to reboot machine when that error happens but TCP/IP
connections get closed.

Apologies if this is already known, I just recently resubscribed to the list.

From MSDN documentation:

WSAENETDOWN (10050)

Network is down.

A socket operation encountered a dead network. This could indicate a serious
failure of the network system (the protocol stack that the WinSock DLL runs
over), the network interface, or the local network itself. This error may be
reported at any time if the Windows Sockets implementation detects an
underlying failure.

---------