Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: 'shell://' with win98... error #10050 defined

From: bzdrnja () ZESOI FER HR (Bojan Zdrnja)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:02:53 +0200

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 03:27:03AM -0400, "Doe, John" <LeaveMeHigh () AOL COM> wrote:
I have same problem with my Windows 98 SE, I get same Error #10050 and I
don't have any packages installed on system which could cause this problem.
I don't need to reboot machine when that error happens but TCP/IP
connections get closed.

Apologies if this is already known, I just recently resubscribed to the list.

First of all, I made a mistake with error number. It's not #10050 you get
like I wrote, but #10055.
According to Microsoft documentation this error states:

WSAENOBUFS (10055)

No buffer space available.

An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked
sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.

My machine worked perfectly before I tryed shell:// "exploit". On several
other workstations with Windows 2000 Professional or Server installed on
them nothing happened, but on this particular machine with Windows 98 SE I
get these strange errors.
These errors didn't appear before and nothing was installed on machine after
that what would cause these problems.

Still waiting for MS to put out some patch :)

Regards,

Bojan Zdrnja

--
E-mail: bzdrnja () zems fer hr        (world address)

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE | URL:                      | Funky technician
AND MUSIC NEVER STOPS  | http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~ld/ | is back!