Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Default passwords

From: lurker () ITIS COM (M J)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:02:11 -0000

On a CiscoWorks 2000 default installation (web interface on
Solaris/Apache) I believe the following is true.

username: guest  password: <null>
username: admin  password: cisco

The interesting thing about this default installation
(please understand that this may be a misconfiguration on
my end so flame only as necessary) is that you can enter in
a username in the login manager field and it will tell you
whether you have a valid username or invalid
username/password combination.  For example:

A correct username but incorrect password yields the
following message:

Login incorrect.

An incorrect username yields the following message:

Unknown User: administrator

You all prolly already knew this but I just thought I throw
it on out there anyway.

Have a nice day.

-Matthew