Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: HELP with IE Network Problem...

From: Slawek <sgp () TELSATGP COM PL>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 14:27:14 +0200

The main issue is that IE only saves it's configuration on a clean exit.
The following .reg file fixed the problem on my system, but other versions
of
IE have been known to store the info elsewhere.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CLONE\CLONE\Hardware
Profiles\0001\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"ProxyEnable"=hex:01,00,00,00
"EnableAutodial"=hex:00,00,00,00
"ProxyOverride"="<local>"
"ProxyServer"="proxyservername:8080"

Hi,

Ohh.. so it's storing the informations in LOCAL_MACHINE not LOCAL_USER ?

I'm not 100% sure but does normal user have write access to that area on NT
?

Have anybody tried to change the setup as administrator, than close IE and
reboot the machine ?

Bye,
Slawek