Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Nokia 7110 Wap Browser Hole

From: roelof () SENSEPOST COM (Roelof Temmingh)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 00:15:01 +0200

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Vitaly Osipov wrote:

+So i am very curious on what address you scanned to get the phone hung - it
+really is very interesting.

I (also?) made the mistake of scanning the WAP gateway (see my post
on Nokia WAP GW), but I figured my cellphone is not running NetBIOS :))), and
realised that I was scanning the GW.

Then, I configured the WAP GW on my phone (Siemens S35) to an address that
points to a server within my network, and did a tcpdump to see what IP number
is sending requests to "my WAP GW". (UDP port 9201/2).

This IP number corresponds with my cellphone. I pinged it, and it seems as
though the pings times out when I drop the line. Not sure if this is really the
phone...is it?

Regards,
Roelof.

Roelof W Temmingh               SensePost IT security
roelof () sensepost com         +27 83 448 6996
                http://www.sensepost.com