Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

MacOS 8 Web Sharing known problems?

From: atossava () CC HELSINKI FI (Atro Tossavainen)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:56:15 +0200

Dear all,

One of my users came to me asking whether he could reasonably operate
the Mac OS 8.(5/6) Web Sharing in the public network.

The only vulnerability I could find in the bugtraq archives was a
buffer overflow dated April 1998 where it said that an input string of
more than 3000 characters would crash the server, but not the OS itself,
and even then, I was unable to reproduce this vulnerability with this
particular version of the web server.

Are there any other known issues with this product?

Regards,

PS. Please cc: me on replies. I am currently not following vuln-dev.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.), Systems Analyst - email at URL - +358-9-850-111-86
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Finland