Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Notes Domino Server Platform for e-commerce?

From: Frank.Baasner () ARAL DE (Baasner, Frank)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:23:38 +0100

Hi there,

some folks in my company would like to install an e-commerce
web-server based on Lotus Domino 5.0. Does anybody have concerns
about the vulnerability of Notes/Domino regarding this purpose?

I have heart that it should be possible for *bad* people to get
the admin password out of a notes database through a web inter-
face. Is there anybody who can confirm this? If so, is there
anybody who knows whether I can suppress this kind of hacking
with a firewall?

Any kind of suggestions expected to be helpful!

Frank Baasner
Aral Germany

(originally I sent this message to the bugtraq list but got the
 reply fomr Elias Levy, <owner-bugtraq () securityfocus com>:
 "This type of messages should be sent to vuln-dev at
  vuln-dev () securityfocus com." Here I am.)