Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

fooling hubs [ARP Spoofing]

From: spanska_ () HOTMAIL COM (David aka SpanskA)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:05:34 GMT

Hi,
   I was looking at ARP spoofing postings for a while and I was wondering if
it was possible to permanently fool some hubs or routers. My ISP
(Cablevision) is using some kind of system to know how much I'm uploading
and downloading.

I succesfully did it one time with a little prog called "changemac". If you
wanna look at it just go to packetstorm archive. Unfortunately, the last
month I checked the data report I could see that my ISP was able to know
(again!) how much I was downloading and uploading.

Is this a bug with some kind of hardware or with ARP protocol?

Sorry for my English mistakes...

David Laganière
Administrator
e-mail: root () securinet qc ca