Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: The NSA's Security-Enhanced Linux

From: "Scott D. Yelich" <scott () SCOTTYELICH COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:26:22 -0700

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Neal Dias wrote:
Once again I would just say I'm pleased to see that the NSA decided to make
this available, it's certainly added another facet to an already
interesting OS. And while not everyone out there likes Linux or finds it
interesting, those of us who do, can be appreciative of the hard work the
NSA guys put into this project. Speaking of those guys, we've been bandying
this about, anyone out there that's involved in the project care to address
any of this?

I have a couple of spare PCs sitting 'round.  How 'bout I put up a copy
of this on nsa.spy.org and give people free run of the system?  *grin*

:-)

Scott
ps: it's good to see a "real" discussion on a mailing list and not
a lot of name-calling and fluff.
pps: I have an 8 processor sparc I've been meaning to open up with
Pitbull.  These could be nice playgrounds.