Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: network appliance...

From: stuart () ECLIPSE NET UK (Stuart Henderson)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:17:35 +0100

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 01:00:42PM -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Gage, Greg wrote:
I've been looking at these for my organization.  Here is what my VAR was able to find on the security side.

Applicability of CERT advisories to Data ONTAP

  CERT                                ONTAP
 Advisory     Description/Title       vulnerable?    Notes
             Malicious HTML Tags
 CA 00.02    Embedded in              N/A
             Client Web Requests

Actually, it (at least some versions) _is_ vulnerable to this when
used as a reverse proxy (ie. their netcache product).  Just use a
URL like:

      http://netcache/disk_objects/";><script>alert('foo')</script>

IIRC netcache is based on Squid, which exhibits a similar
problem when it displays the error page containing the URL which
resulted in an error.