Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: INZIDER!

From: rrpermeh () RCONNECT COM (Ryan Permeh)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:44:09 -0600

The NTRootKit is working on a drop in netstat trojan that will hide theese
types of things.  Netstat is not always going to be reliable, when used on
it's own.  You may want to start versioning and checksumming binaries now,
or have a clean disk that contains unaltered code.  (write protect it).
Details can be gathered at www.rootkit.com(the trojaned netstat is a very
small part of the overall project, and you may be interested in checking
out  other parts that may be interesting to this group).
talis

Wolfgang Gassner wrote:

INZIDER???

This prog isnt working good, maybe its a kind of new
Trojan or Virus!!!!!
I tested it running Netbus and Back Orifice on it and it doesnt
detected it!!

It only gives some Information on Port 135, 139 ....

I believe the best an reliable way to determine which port is open
is              netstat -an !!!