tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Stick with Travis for continuous integration, or switch?

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 17:50:55 +0100

--- Begin Message --- From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <devel.fx.lebail () orange fr>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 17:50:55 +0100
On 01/02/2021 18:08, Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 22:29:21 -0800
Guy Harris via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
wrote:

I guess we meet those requirements, although I'm not too keen on
having to keep going hat-in-hand to them every time we run out of
credits; hopefully, we can just get a renewable amount.

I had requested a renewable OSS allowance on 29 January, got the
template response and confirmed the details. Let's see where it goes.
The account is at 3790/10000 credits as of today, in other words, three
more builds of libpcap or at most one tcpdump build, if/when the latter
migrates.

To save CI runtime, I have committed a063c2d21417345ee583551ef2c07a0be6b32696 for libpcap.

This will currently run only five builders (amd64, arm64, ppc64le, s390x and osx) and do the matrix processing with
scripts.

We can build with ~ half the time (Total time ~26 mins).

These scripts can be used locally for build tests, used on other CI and easily be updated to run new tests (32 bits
builds, sanitizers, coverage, etc).

Next step is doing similar setup for tcpdump...

--- End Message ---