tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New official link-layer type request

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 13:26:42 -0700

On May 17, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Damir Franusic <damir.franusic () gmail com> wrote:

I apologize for my previous mail, issues with email client. What I wanted to ask is whether I should name the draft
like this:

draft-dfranusic-tsvwg-elee-00

See

        https://www.ietf.org/standards/ids/guidelines/#7

If you're targeting this spec for the Transport Area Working Group, the "tsvwg-" would be appropriate; however, the
page for that working group:

        https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/tsvwg/about/

indicates that it's for things such as "Maintenance of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol", not for all protocols
that happen to run on top of SCTP.

Doing a Google search for

        "lawful intercept" site:ietf.org

doesn't seem to indicate that there's one particular working group that handles all lawful intercept issues, so you'd
have to figure out the appropriate WG yourself.