tcpdump mailing list archives

DLT request for SDLC (BITBUS)

From: "Becker (ELZET80)" <Becker () elzet80 de>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:06:34 +0100

Hello,

we are currently working on an USB tracer which captures messages from BITBUS connected devices. BITBUS is based on the SDLC protocol by IBM (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronous_Data_Link_Control)

We have already seen that there is a SDLC dissector implemented in Wireshark but as we are getting our data from our tracer tool there is no ethernet layer here.
Is there a way to use the SDLC dissector as a DLT already?

If not we would request a DLT for SDLC communication on which we would base our BITBUS lua dissector plugin.

--
Best regards
Freundliche Grüße

Paul Becker

ELZET 80 Mikrocomputer GmbH & Co. KG
Theaterplatz 9
D-52062 Aachen
Germany

Tel. +49-241-4016580
Fax +49-241-48480
email: becker () elzet80 de
Please visit our web-site at http://www.elzet80.com

ELZET
=8 0=
IIIII

USt.Id. : DE 117 662 038
Handelsregister Aachen Abt. A, Nr. 8044
Komplementär & Geschäftsführung:
Giesler & Danne Bet. u. Verw. GmbH
Handelsregister Aachen Abt. B, Nr. 17317
Geschäftsführer Walter L. Giesler