tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: DLT_request

From: Weber René <rweber () baumer com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:29:14 +0000

yes, used endianness is always big endian.
before version 1.2 of gencp standard, exist the possibility to define a protocol endianness - but this is removed with
version 1.2!
so all endianness of protocol data of cameralink interface should also be big endian.

the protocol transports read and write memory request between host (pc with frame grabber) and a camera.
the data in this requests can be little and big endian in mixed manner ! but this is defined in the next layer the SFNC
standards of the xml description files of the camera.

what do you mean - makes it sense to define a DLT_request for the CameraLink Protocol ?

Best Regards
Rene Weber

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Albert Schmidt· Dr. Oliver Vietze
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Radeberg
Amtsgericht Dresden: HRB 15379
Ust. ID: DE 189714583