tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Missing packet fields in big endian with ath9k

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 09:03:25 -0400

"s" == s Correia <Lu> writes:
    s> Indeed I've seen a radiotap_iterator function in radiotap headers. But the
    s> function "logic" was a little heavy for a 400mhz MIPS CPU. No?

well, you could, rather than interpret the flag bits each time, write a
generic decode routine, and then for each known combination of the bits
being set, open code a structure that maps to it.

You could also put the most common pattern test case first.  If this
really matters to you, then I'd considering what you could do in the
driver to make it more consistent, and maybe the work you are doing
(what are you doing?) should occur inside the driver.

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [