tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Missing packet fields in big endian with ath9k

From: Luís Correia <lfpcorreia () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:41:09 +0100

On Apr 28, 2013 6:23 AM, "Denis Ovsienko" <infrastation () yandex ru> wrote:

Im getting DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO. Is this ok?

Hello.

This issue with DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO and the frame being offset by 4
octets may have something in common with another issue:

https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump/issues/303

There are patches attached there that may come handy.

Hi Denis.

In deed I've seen different output from the same code. As if the field's
position change upon different power runs. For example, one time I
successfuly got packet type, subtype and rssi values coherent with
distance. Some other run of the same code, but I'd power cycled the router,
I got packet type of 11484 for example ( packet type vary from 0 to 2). I
thought - again - I could be doing something wrong..

Do you think your suggestion could explain the behaviour I described?

Thanks for your answer.

--
    Denis Ovsienko