tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Missing packet fields in big endian with ath9k

From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation () yandex ru>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:45:53 +0400

Hi Denis.

In deed I've seen different output from the same code. As if the field's position change upon different power runs.
For example, one time I successfuly got packet type, subtype and rssi values coherent with distance. Some other run
of the same code, but I'd power cycled the router, I got packet type of 11484 for example ( packet type vary from 0
to 2). I thought - again - I could be doing something wrong..

Do you think your suggestion could explain the behaviour I described?

Thanks for your answer.

I'm only an occasional user of little-endian MIPS and don't have a solid explanation for that. However, it is worth
checking that the DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO packets arrive well-formed in the first place. Does the current git master of
tcpdump decode the same packets right?

--
 Denis Ovsienko