tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump 4.4 release candidate 1

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 05:50:07 -0700

On Mar 24, 2013, at 2:52 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca> wrote:

   Romain> In any case the rc2 tarballs are nowhere to be found. Can we
   Romain> get an update, please?

http://www.ca.tcpdump.org/beta/

1.4.0rc2 looks good, although I just checked into the trunk, and propagated to the libpcap_1_4rel0 branch, a bug fix
from Michal Labedzki to a problem with Bluetooth interfaces in 3.x kernels, along with a configuration script change
from me to keep that from breaking libpcap builds on systems with 3.x kernels:

        https://github.com/mcr/libpcap/pull/24

and we might want to pick that up for the final release.  (Michael, could you mark the pull request as closed?  The
actual pull isn't necessary, as I committed the patch along with the configuration script change.)

4.4.0rc2 appears to have stuff that's in the trunk but not the tcpdump_4_4rel0 branch, such as print-msnlb.c,
print-vxlan.c, and print-otv.c, a change to print-bgp.c, and a change to the Makefile not to have an explicit list of
tests but to run a find command to find the tests.  Is that intentional?