tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump 4.4 release candidate 1

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 02:41:32 -0700

On Mar 26, 2013, at 1:26 AM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Mar 25, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

Should we make new libpcap_1.4 and tcpdump_4.4 branches from the trunk, so that they reflect what's in the rc3
tarballs?

OK, I've done that.  Building release tarballs from those branches produces release tarballs that are the same as the
rc3 tarballs, except that

      1) the libpcap CHANGES file from the libpcap_1.4 branch has an entry I just added for the Bluetooth fixes;

      2) the tcpdump CHANGES file from the tcpdump_4.4 branch has some entries for the new print-msnlb.c,
print-vxlan.c, and print-otv.c printers and for changes to the BGP printer;

      3) the tcpdump tests directory from the tcpdump_4.4 branch is missing failure-outputs.txt and lmp.new.

...and

        4) some bugs in the recent changes to tcpdump, revealed by some test compiles done on The Written Word's
machines, have been fixed.

Those fixes, which are in the trunk and tcpdump_4.4 branch, should also be put into the final release tarball.