tcpdump mailing list archives

libpcap and struct canusb_t, src: failure on debian/ubuntu

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 14:34:02 -0400

The changes introduced in June to deal with "canopy" being picked up
by CANusb interface, introduced a problem:

./pcap-canusb-linux.c:260:20: error: 'struct canusb_t' has no member named 'src'
make: *** [pcap-canusb-linux.o] Error 1

this occurs on a debian testing desktop system, x86_64.
I ran into this at the end of July while trying to do the release,
but I had broken the list machine so I didn't post, and I came to
understand that it was fixed upstream.

This does not occur on a Ubuntu Hardy x86 system when libusb-1.0 dev isn't
installed. (no surprise there, libusb-dev isn't new enough, period)

On a Ubuntu oneiric x86_64 system, and an Ubuntu Precise x86_64 system,
having libusb-dev doesn't turn on canusb support at all, so I'm not sure
how to isolate the problem.... aha, I need:
    libusb-1.0-0-dev

With this, it fails on:
     Ubuntu oneiric x86_64
     Ubuntu precise x86_64
     Debian Squeeze i686        (bpf.tcpdump.org)
     Debian wheezy  x86_64      (July-era wheezy. my home desktop)

I know that I got part-way to getting buildbot running, but didn't
finish.

I'm not sure what libraries pcap-canusb-linux.c is expecting.
Perhaps we need to have ./configure notice that the libusb-dev is the
wrong one and not configure CANUSB?

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.