tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: DLT for MPEG2-TS

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:17:51 -0800

On Jan 29, 2012, at 1:19 PM, Guy Martin wrote:

Correct. It's most commonly refered as ISO 13818-1.

Yes, but I usually go to the ITU-T standard first, in the hopes that I won't have to drag out my credit card to get
access to the standard.  Alas, my hopes were dashed in this case (but CHF 77 wasn't *too* bad).

The bits are in the order described in the section you refer to.
You have the sync byte first and the rest follows.

Unfortunately, due to the way the bits in the headers are ordered,
there is no easy way to map that into C structures for both big and
small endians.

That's OK - we don't require (and I, at least, don't even *encourage*) defining link-layer header formats in terms of C
structures; for example, none of the pages in

        http://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes/

use C structures (unless I screwed up when creating it).

Let me know if you need more details.

At this point, no.  (I need to be able to push changes to pcap-common.c and pcap/bpf.h, but that's not under your
control. :-))-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.