tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: capturing on both interfaces simultaneously

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 13:02:53 -0800

On Dec 10, 2011, at 12:38 PM, abhinav narain wrote:

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 3:18 PM, <rixed () happyleptic org> wrote:

Looks fine to me. What's eating 15% of your RAM, exactly?

I think pthread while keeping the states

Is that 15% of your machine's RAM?  Unless the threads have really large stacks, or you have a lot of threads, or the
machine doesn't have much RAM (if it's a wireless router, that might be the case), I wouldn't expect them to chew up
15% of the machine's RAM.  Two threads isn't a lot of threads....-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.