tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New datasource implementation

From: Felix Obenhuber <felix () obenhuber de>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:13:57 +0100

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 16:58 +0200, Akos Vandra wrote:
Yes, I have thought about it, but when I started writing the pcap
driver, I didn't know about socketcan, and this user-space driver was
already mostly ready (had to be ported a wee bit from c++), as I have
used an own program to display the can frames before.

Problem is, I'm not sure I have the courage to start kernel driver
development :) and I had a hard time finding information on how a
socketcan driver should behave on the net with a few google searches.

There are drivers for USB CAN dongles for SocketCAN available. You can
take a look at:
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/socketcan/trunk/kernel/2.6/drivers/net/can/usb/
http://www.peak-system.com/fileadmin/media/linux/index.htm

If you have questions - ask the helpful guys on the SocketCAN list.

Also I'm not sure if m$ windows supports socketcan?

No.

Felix

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.