tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: A puzzled maintainer with questions regarding DLT_ values

From: "M.Baris Demiray" <barisdemiray () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:47:37 +0200

Hello again,

I have solved almost all the problems that I mentioned below and now I
am sure that I should ask for a new DLT value for STANAG 5066 [1] MAC
(Medium Access Control Sublayer) PDUs. Currently I am able to dissect
these PDUs using DLT number 147 (USER0) using Wireshark 1.4.3 and I'd
like to have this dissector and corresponding DLT value in the main
stream.

I might add that STANAG 5066 SIS layer is already defined in Wireshark
[2] yet it can only dissect the packets transferred between STANAG
5066 and its clients. Now, what I propose is to have the same
functionality for the interface between STANAG 5066 and HF modem as
well. What else should I provide regarding this protocol to ask for a
DLT value?

Cheers,

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STANAG_5066
[2] http://wiki.wireshark.org/STANAG_5066