tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap-bpf and AIX odm related code

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:59:33 -0700

On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:28 AM, Jean-Louis Charton wrote:

However, I've got a little comment:
in my fix proposal, in bpf_load() function Ipassed a dummy_err buffer instead of
errbuf to the 2 bpf_odmcleanup() calls.
This was intentional to avoid squashing errbuf if for some reason bpf_odmcleanup
also fails.
I wrote it that way because to my point of vue, errbuf is supposed to be set to the first encountered error not a potential error in some cleanup code.

I changed bpf_odmcleanup() so that, if it's passed a null pointer, it doesn't bother returning an error string, and passed it a null pointer in both those cases. That change has been checked in and pushed.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.