tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for assignment of DLT value for

From: Harald Welte <laforge () gnumonks org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:19:25 +0200

Hi Guy,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 01:21:59PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
The response I sent on November 27, 2008 was:

On Nov 26, 2008, at 8:51 PM, Harald Welte wrote:

please make that LINKTYPE_GSMTAP_UM and LINKTYPE_GSMTAP_ABIS in
order to
indicate that all messages will be prefixed by a 'gsmtap'
header, before the actual payload in the Um / Abis format.

DLT_GSMTAP_UM/LINKTYPE_GSMTAP_UM: 217

DLT_GSMTAP_ABIS/LINKTYPE_GSMTAP_ABIS: 218

Note that it might be possible to modify libpcap to directly
capture from the devices, rather than going through a TUN
interface as per

    http://thre.at/gsm/

Are you subscribed to the tcpdump-workers list?  Mail sent to the
list has a Reply-To: header causing replies to go only to the list,
so if you're not subscribed, you won't see the replies.

No, I am not subscribed to the list.  On other lists it is common
practise to send response (especially to pepople who are not regulars)
both to the list and to them per Cc.

I'm CCing you on this reply, under the assumption that you're not
subscribed to the list.

yes, thanks a lot.

Can you please assign a DLT_ value for GSMTAP?

*A* DLT_ value, or one for Um and one for ABis?  As per the above,
you already have one for Um and one for Abis.

Well, since I was requesting two before and I only needed the UM value
at this very moment, I thought I'd start slow and obtain only one ;)

So thanks for all the confusion, I now have everything I need. Thanks!

Regards,
--
- Harald Welte <laforge () gnumonks org>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/