tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for assignment of DLT value for GSMTAP

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:21:59 -0700

On Jul 21, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Harald Welte wrote:

I've already sent mail about this in November 2008

The mail I see from you from November 26, 2008 says:

Hi!

I'm part of a Free Software project working on GSM protocol analysis based
on the gnuradio and USRP software.

We would like to register two new linktypes called

LINKTYPE_GSM_UM

and

LINKTYPE_GSM_ABIS

GSM has many different interfaces between different parts of the system, i.e. Um between MS and BTS, Abis between BTS and BSC, A between BSC and MSC, etc.

Right now I'm working on the Um and Abis interfaces, so I'm requesting
LINKTYPE values for both of those.

and your subsequent mail on the same day was