tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: -i man "Ties are broken by choosing the earliest match."

From: Doru Georgescu <headset001 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 19:58:27 +0000 (UTC)

SourceForge said comments were closed when they really meant "you have
to be logged in to make comments"?  That's *REALLY* stupid, but error
reporting always seems to be one of the worst parts of software -
people want to work on the parts of the code where things work, and
handling cases where something doesn't work is Boring so people don't
work hard at it.

You might want to report that as a problem:

      http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Support

I'll do that.

 contradict the subscription instructions received after mailing
"help overview" in body to majordomo <at> lists.tcpdump.org. I sort of
trust the second.

I'll look at fixing that.

I did have a ride until I started posting here. I sent some wrong mail. Now I
see that I can post through the web interface, so all is just fine. The web
interface did not work on the first post, it required 80 chars long lines,
bottom posting, it cut my subject, it said that it will post it after
confirmation of e-mail address, and finally it didn't post it. All is good when
the end is good.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.