tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: MIME type for libpcap-format capture files

From: Phil Vandry <vandry () TZoNE ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:01:37 -0500

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 02:38:43AM +0000, Jefferson Ogata wrote:
But what I think is missing is a version number. Given the talk in
recent years about implementing the next version, I think the type
should be application/pcap-capture-v1.

I agree with Guy, the version is not necesary. At most I could imagine
a version parameter ("Content-Type: application/pcap-capture; version=1")
but even that is not necesary: the version will surely be unambiguously
distinguishable by examining the beginning of the file (magic number).

-Phil
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.