tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: MIME type for libpcap-format capture files

From: Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 02:38:43 +0000

On 2008-12-11 20:26, Michael Richardson wrote:
"Phil" == Phil Vandry <vandry () TZoNE ORG> writes:
    Phil> We suggest that the type should be "application/libpcap-capture" and

    application/pcap-capture

  makes more sense to me.

I agree. For one thing, another MIME type might eventually exist for filter specifications. It is not sufficient to describe a capture file as simply "pcap".

But what I think is missing is a version number. Given the talk in recent years about implementing the next version, I think the type should be application/pcap-capture-v1.

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt () noaa gov>