tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: error executing ksniff with libpcap 1.0.0

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:32:31 -0800

On Nov 16, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Giovanni Venturi wrote:

Hello,
I'm the author of ksniffer a GUI interface under KDE 3 to capture network
packet.
Till libpcap < 1.0.0 (the last stable you released) all was ok in the packet
capture, but now I get the following error message:

This appears to be a duplicate of your earlier message; see my recent reply to the last message you sent (summary: pcap_next() is a troublesome API as it can return NULL even if no error has occurred; pcap_next_ex() is better, or you could try using pcap_dispatch() directly).
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.